1.27.2012

Writing Round-Up No. 1, January 23-27

I find myself trolling the #amwriting thread on Twitter a lot of the time, just looking for helpful hints and advice on the business of writing. (I know, I'm a nerd.) To be honest, I'm not sure exactly how helpful it is; in the end, I'm going to do things a certain way, and the industry is going to go a certain way, and there's not a whole hell of a lot I can do about it at the present moment. Aside from becoming an agent, editor, or publisher myself and totally revolutionizing how things are done ... but that's not happening in the near or distant future.

Anyway, it's not going to kill me to keep abreast of the news. And since it didn't kill me, it shouldn't kill you either.

The Biz
Publishers and Booksellers See a 'Predatory' Amazon - at NPR Books
Newberry, Caldecott Winners Announced - at Yahoo!News
Self-Published Authors Still Rarely Make the Jump to Publishing Houses - at MediaShift

Advice on Writing
Kill Your Darlings: Why Good Writers Are So Heartless - at Writinghood
Advantages of Writing a Fast First Draft - at Lynda R. Young
25 Things Writers Should Stop Doing  - at Terrbile Minds

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...