2.14.2012

I Am Crazy Pants


Well, the good news is that I'm alive.

Last night, I went to my kids' gym for one of their adult-level classes. It's basically an open gym for anyone who wants to go and work on stuff; there's no limit on apparatus and there's no structure. For example, we had a girl on trampoline, a girl on the tumble-track, and me, on the main floor. (Well, and the trampoline. Who can resist working on an in-ground tramp?!)

I brought my official USA Gymnastics Levels 1-4 Report Card, just to make sure that I wasn't missing anything important. More good news: I'm not. I can still do cartwheels, straight jumps, and handstands. I might have looked like a dumbass checking off things like "tuck jump," but at least I know I have the basics down.

I went with the intent to do only the stuff on the report card, but when the teacher offered to start teaching me the routine, I couldn't refuse.

I hurt like hell. Muscles that I totally forgot that I had burn with the intensity of 1,000 suns. (Well, one sun.) I tweaked something in my back while doing a back handspring; I undercut the trick, and I am *not* that flexible anymore.

It paid off, though. I now know the first half of the Level 5 floor routine, with tricks. The second half is coming.

And then there should be video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...