2.02.2012

Thursday 13: A Bunch o' Travel Questions

{ Image source: Pinterest }
My friend Angela, who writes over at Tomorrow is Another Day, swiped this fill-in from Melissa, who got it from Lauren. The original questionnaire was only 9 questions, but I added a few to make it appropriate for Thursday 13. And when you're done, swipe it from me (with the additional four questions!) and play along! (And then link back to me so I can read your answers, yo.)

1. My favorite place I've ever traveled to is ... the Big Island, Hawaii. I've been some amazing (and not so amazing) places, but this is by far my favorite. The Black Sands beaches, the food, the volcanoes, the food, the solitude, the food, the fact that my grandparents live there ... did I mention the food?

2. Montreal ... is somewhere I'd like to go someday. I like the idea of a little bit of France being on our side of the Atlantic. And I know it's not France, but it's ... well, it's just an interesting concept to me. I'd like to go check it out. A trip there was also one of the stipulations for us moving to the Eastern Seaboard, so ... let's get on it, shall we?

3. I pass the time on a plane (or bus or train or car ride) by ... reading, watching movies, listening to music, playing games, studying, writing, or talking. My kids are surprisingly good on long-haul airplane rides, so I can actually take advantage of the personal video device. When we're in the car, however, I tend to just keep Matt company and the girls entertained. Plus, I love whooping their asses at Twenty Questions. I am UNSTOPPABLE. (And apparently mean. Who gloats over whooping a toddler's ass?)

4. My three must-haves when I travel are ... comfortable shoes, a pashmina, and a travel corkscrew. Seriously, I can't tell you how many times I've had to purchase screw-top wine because I forgot the corkscrew, or had to buy another corkscrew because I thought I bought screw-top wine and didn't.

5. My favorite travel companion is ... my husband. Just the two of us, trekking out by ourselves. We actually do travel well together, and when we get the chance to do it alone, just the two of us ... heaven.

6. The craziest thing that ever happened to me while traveling is ... hmm. I'm not actually sure if I want to share this. It was in Russia and we'll leave it at that.

7. The most exotic food I've tried while traveling is ... that's another tough one. Technically, lomi salmon, poi, and kahlua pig are all "exotic," but I've grown up with them. I've had borscht in Novgorod, Russia, but that's really just beet soup. Is that so exotic? Most recently, I've had frog legs ... which were not my favorite.

8. If I could live anywhere else, it would be ... a toss-up between the Big Island and Austria. I'm getting bigger on rural, mountainous areas, which would be great if only they weren't so far away.

9. I've been to thirty-one states in the U.S.

10. I've been to twenty countries worldwide.

11. I've set foot on three continents. (Or four, depending on your thoughts on Russia being part of Asia and if simply being in Russia counts due to the Eurasian thing or if one must be on the Asian side of Russia for it to officially count ... right).

12. One place I do not want to go, ever, is ... Botswana. I hear it's not very tourist-friendly.

13. One place I should have gone while I had the chance is ... Ibiza. Or Sardinia.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you played along! These are my answers to your extras:
    10. I've been to fourteen countries worldwide.

    11. I've set foot on three continents (Europe, Asia, N America)

    12. One place I do not want to go, ever, is ... ummm, lots of African countries.

    13. One place I should have gone while I had the chance is ... Northern Ireland, sadly the IRA was in full swing when I was in Ireland, so it seemed safer to stay below the border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I've been nowhere outside of the US...unless you count Mexico, but I'm from southern Arizona, so it's just a skip, hop, and all that from where I'm located.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Angela Noelle But you're heading to Europe soon, and will likely go to all those fun places like Monaco, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Sweden ... you'll be well past 14 in a few months, guaranteed.

    @Jaycee DeLorenzo Mexico totally counts! I counted it from when we lived in Texas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...