2.10.2012

Writing Round-Up No. 2, Jan 29-Feb 10

{ Image source: Jo Naylor }
Hmm. After skipping a week of doing a Writing Round-Up, I think I like doing them every other Friday. It's not that I don't troll other websites and Twitter for writing links every day (I do), but I'm not gonna lie, this is not a big-time writing blog. This is mostly stuff about my family and me and MY LIFE.

Ahem.

Most of this round-up's links are originally from Writer's Market, either through their Market Watch or through the weekly email. It's a great resource and TOTALLY worth the money if you're truly serious about writing for a living (or money for shoes).

The Biz
Publishers Seek Solutions as USPS Nears Brink - from Folio
New Agent Alert: Carlie Webber of the Jane Rotrosen Agency - from Chuck Sambuchino's Guide to Literary Agents
Consumer Magazines See Disappointing Second-Half 2011 - from Folio
GenCon Panel: Michael Stackpole on Self-Publishing in a Post-Paper World - from TeleRead

Advice and Answers
5 Tips for Fearless Writing - from There Are No Rules
What's in a (Baby) Name? - from Writer Unboxed
Should Your Interview Subjects Sign a Release? - from Questions and Quandaries
Please Don't Blog Your Book: 4 Reasons Why - from JaneFriedman.com
Best Blogs for Writers to Read in 2012 - from My Name is Not Bob

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...