5.21.2012

Bookshelf Poetry Challenge 002

If you're just joining us for the Bookshelf Poetry Challenge, welcome! The BPC sprung from an idea from Brain Pickings found on Pinterest and grew from there. Last week, we had 12 participants. Won't you join us this week?

For this week, the form is the same as last: free form, open topic. The rules are the same as well: only use books from your bookshelf. (No library books allowed.) Once you've created your poem, leave us a link in the Mister Linky box and a note in the comments section!

"The Toddler Years," by Lynn Daue

   What to expect
   the toddler years:
                             chaos,
   unholy war,
         fear and trembling.
            The days are just packed
        where the wild things are.
The next thing on my list?
      Baby proof.



(In case you're wondering, I stole the idea of lining up the poem's lines with the alignment on the book spines from De Jackson at WhimsyGizmo. I liked the way hers looked so much that I had to try it out!)

The Books

Next week, we'll take a break for Memorial Day in the U.S. The week after that, however, be prepared to bring your best haiku!


~~~~~~~~~~
Connect with me on Facebook, TwitterLinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, and Goodreads.
~~~~~~~~~~

12 comments:

  1. That was sheer genius! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, maybe not sheer genius ... okay, I'll take it. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks, so was yours! Those dirty girls are so creative and helpful.

      Delete
  3. Oh Lynn, I remember those years! Took a que from you and raided my daughter's book shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget that we have some great reads over there. Maybe one of these weeks we'll go with kidlit-only spine poems.

      Delete
  4. LOVE your poem today, Lynn! I played. Big fun. Thanks again for this fun idea.

    De

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I'm enjoying these more than I expected!

      Delete
  5. And thanks for the shout out, and linky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for allowing library books; I hardly own any books of my own. I'm a library girl, so I won't be able to participate for long with these rules.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...