6.04.2012

Bookshelf Poetry 003: Haiku Week!

Welcome back to the Bookshelf Poetry Challenge! After a week off for Memorial Day in the U.S., we're back and ready to try adding form to our spine poems.

This week, we'll try a haiku. Since the form is ... well, apparently it isn't definitive, try to stick to the 5-7-5 (syllables) that we all learned in elementary school. If you can fit in a nature reference and/or caesura, go for it, but don't feel obligated.

As always, stick to your bookshelf and leave a link to your poem in the Mister Linky box at the bottom of the post.


the experiment:
dare to repair a wrinkle ...
in time, good to great

The Books:


~~~~~~~~~~
Connect with me on Facebook, TwitterLinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, and Goodreads.
~~~~~~~~~~

9 comments:

  1. LMAO! What a cool idea!

    Too bad my books are all in storage at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! Well, I'm adding in a library week soon, so keep your eyes peeled for that one.

      Delete
  2. Good one Lynn! Do you know the work of Lisa Borgnes Giramonti from A Bloomsbury Life? She makes fantastic needlepoint samplers with writing similar to your haiku. Anyway, I constructed and posted one and linked to you again. Might have to go do more...so much fun. Thanks for the idea! (and the reminder)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't, but I'll have to look her up. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  3. way to use wrinkle in time in both lines. well done! was thinking haiku would be hard. but may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not gonna lie, it took a little extra brain power, but it was worth it in the end.

      Delete
    2. well, i just put my link on here. you inspired me to make one for myself! thanks!

      Delete
  4. This was a cool challenge. I wanted to make mine vegetarian oriented, too. This was tougher than it looks. Good job, everybody!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it. I'm going to have to catch up a little on everyone else's ...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...