Hey there, party people.
I know. I've been gone for a long, long time--almost six weeks!--with only one measly book excerpt in the meantime. Truthfully, the only reason I'm even blogging right now is because I was scheduled to post a book review, but I got bumped and ... you know, I don't know what happened. I'm so tired.
Let me bullet-list it for you:
- We got caught up in those East Coast storms that knocked out power for over half a million people. We were part of that 800,000+ poor souls without power, and were for six days
- Oh, did I mention there was a heat wave at the same time? We had to move into a hotel because my two-year-old kept breaking out into a nasty, painful, disgusting heat rash
- As it turns out, the power company (*cough* liars *cough*) had no record of us being without power, despite the fact that we called them every day for a status update and to report our outage
- I currently hate our insurance company. Loyal member for over 20 years, and they blow me off. Gar
- The day the power came back on, we had four house guests for five days. Three of those traveled from Europe to see us
- Before our guests even left, my husband left for a week for work. This was also the week that I was already overbooked. On the upside, I now have babysitters!
- My husband's flight was delayed due to weather, which meant that I had to beg, plead, and pay my babysitter time and a half to get her to stay until he came home
Yeah, I've been busy. This summer has really been exhausting, overwhelming, and too damn busy. With any luck, things will calm down in a week or so. Until then, y'all enjoy yourselves and try not to get sunburned. Or pelted with hail. And keep your power.
Connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, and Goodreads.