7.19.2012

Psst! I'm Still Here, Kind Of

Hey there, party people.

I know. I've been gone for a long, long time--almost six weeks!--with only one measly book excerpt in the meantime. Truthfully, the only reason I'm even blogging right now is because I was scheduled to post a book review, but I got bumped and ... you know, I don't know what happened. I'm so tired.

Let me bullet-list it for you:

- We got caught up in those East Coast storms that knocked out power for over half a million people. We were part of that 800,000+ poor souls without power, and were for six days
- Oh, did I mention there was a heat wave at the same time? We had to move into a hotel because my two-year-old kept breaking out into a nasty, painful, disgusting heat rash
- As it turns out, the power company (*cough* liars *cough*) had no record of us being without power, despite the fact that we called them every day for a status update and to report our outage
- I currently hate our insurance company. Loyal member for over 20 years, and they blow me off. Gar
- The day the power came back on, we had four house guests for five days. Three of those traveled from Europe to see us
- Before our guests even left, my husband left for a week for work. This was also the week that I was already overbooked. On the upside, I now have babysitters!
- My husband's flight was delayed due to weather, which meant that I had to beg, plead, and pay my babysitter time and a half to get her to stay until he came home

Yeah, I've been busy. This summer has really been exhausting, overwhelming, and too damn busy. With any luck, things will calm down in a week or so. Until then, y'all enjoy yourselves and try not to get sunburned. Or pelted with hail. And keep your power.

~~~~~~~~~~
Connect with me on Facebook, TwitterLinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, and Goodreads.
~~~~~~~~~~

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on surviving this ordeal and still keeping your sense of humor.There are enough subjects/incidents listed to last you the rest of the summer. Until then, take a nap when you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I will! Now if only I can get the kids to stay asleep past 6am ...

      Delete
  2. Oh hon. You know I'm not doing anything right now. If you need a hand, give me a buzz, and I'll travel up to help you out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the offer! I think things are slowing down, but if they don't (and they might not--did I mention that our lease is probably ending early?), I will take you up on that.

      Delete
    2. Let me know. I don't have anything imminent on the horizon, so if anything pops up in the next - oh, let's say 4 weeks - let me know. Or if you just want a welcome visitor for the day as well. I'm looking to go up in your neck of the woods to visit another friend sometime next week.

      Delete
  3. Kudos to you for surviving all of this conscious and sober! I might have had a meltdown somewhere in the middle of that...

    I had to laugh at your comment about your kids not sleeping past 6:00am...boy, do I remember those days! It will get better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sobriety during these events is questionable.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...